Monday, April 17, 2006

My world this week

With just about 12 hours of sleep in the past 80 hours crisscrossing across 4 states my current state of mind is getting pretty close to being a big BLUR. The past week has been a real tight squeeze coupled with the lack of sleep I am sitting feeling like I am sitting inside a giant floating bubble that I am hoping doesn’t go down anytime soon. Its been a week where I have sampled the best of what the corporate world had on offer, putting up at the classiest of hotels, sampling the finest of foods and sipping the finest of wines. Its also been a week where for the first time in my life I have realized how muchI can long for home cooked Indian food after this time I reached a breakpoint while dining at a restaurant, when my body simply refused to take in even a bite more of that food. It’s been a week where friends from all corners of USA united back at Penn State for one a common religion that has come to be known as cricket. We had a good run finishing runners up but as they say ‘You never win a silver medal, you always lose the gold’. But no regrets we probably lost to a hungrier opposition who would well to keep the trophies polished for us for the next year and remember the fact that ‘People do get third time lucky all the time, its just tougher to pull off a threepeat’ ;)

Excuse the randomness of this blog, I am kinda groggy even as I type these words out.

8 comments:

Jinguchakka said...

Just 12 hours sleep out of 80!!
That's something!! Sleep is something that I must have. Can't stand after 20 hours max! :-(

Casablanca said...

So you lost the big game? Totti must be rejoicing!

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

With just about 12 hours of sleep in the past 80 hours
Wow...and I used to think that I sleep less!
‘You never win a silver medal, you always lose the gold’.
Hahaha...now, that's called negative thinking! :P

Oh, and nice song on the blog. :)

Point 5 said...

I am in the same state as u....yesterday my drive from SC to Pitt Airport took 4 hrs..and I ended up 20 mins b4 the flight departure...miraculously I made it to the flight

Rohan Kumar said...

@jinguchakka Sleep was abt the last thing on my mind this weekend, was all one big party

@Casablanca No prizes for guessing who got third time lucky in the tournament ;)

@The Girl Who.... Thnx, that negative thinking or the fear of losing is what has created champions and winners out of many :)

@Point You should have let totti drive ;), I am still hurting man every part of my body is still sore

Madame Mahima said...

oh u are gonna have soooo much sleep debt to clear
camaan rohan dont listen to 'You never win a silver medal, you always lose the gold’.

you're the glass-half-full guy, remember?

Subash said...

Rohan -- Thanks for coming down for the tournament. It was frakin' awesome having all of you back. If you thought you were tired, We were working 20 hour days for a week and 1000% exhausted when the tournament ended.

Rohan Kumar said...

@Mahima I guess its my turn to be gripped by the madness of it all ;)

@Subash Are you kidding me, THANK YOU for organizing this thing again this year, had a fantastic time and promise to be bac again next time around