Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mirror mirror on the wall

It had been a great week, life after taking some real cheap shots at her had finally cut her some slack. So much so that she had finally realized her childhood dream of becoming an actress. The shooting was scheduled to commence tomorrow and may be that was one of the reasons why she hadn't been able to stop beaming as she had pranced around all day doing nothing, a bundle of nervous energy. Although she was working in one of those low budget horror flicks she realized that beggars couldn't be choosers and was banking on the fact that it might go on to become a sleeper hit bringing her bigger and better roles thereafter. As all these thoughts filled up her pretty lil head she tossed and turned around in her bed unable to get any sleep. After an hour of similar vain attempts she finally put on the lights and decide to just re brush her hair to kill some time. As she settled herself on the edge of her bed in front of her dressing table she got a weird feeling of being watched. However she soon dismissed the notion as she pulled out her hairbrush and began doing her hair. She looked at herself in the mirror and there in she saw a face that would launch a thousand products tomorrow and go on the become the swwetheart of millions around the globe. As she scanned her perfect face with her perfect eyes she was again aware of a feeling of an intent pair of eyes watching over her. As her comb got caught in a little tangle in her hair she looked at an unfamiliar pair of eyes staring back at her from the mirror. Her reflection in the mirror gradually pulled its hands out of the hair, crossed across its chest, its gaze chillingly transfixed upon her staring blankly.
As her pictures slumped over the script were splashed across all newspapers the next day most stories stated that Act 1 of the script of the murder mystery was very realistic, a little too realistic if some tabloids were to be believed.

22 comments:

Anarkist said...

OK, that was creepy!

KM said...

excuse me while i go hide in mummy's dupatta!

Casablanca said...

Eeeeeeeeeks!
STOP scaring me while I am alone at home!

OnLY OnE..! said...

haha I loved that.
The music added a nice touch.
Damn I wish I could have read this at night, then I would have truly realised how scary this was! ;)


No seriously this was really good, write some more horror stories!!

Anonymous said...

First time visitor to your blog. Was pleasantly suprised by the chilling story! Are you a horror movie/book lover by any chance? anyway, hope you take this story further, it has "potential" (not that I am a Hollywood magnate!)

On a side note, do you realise that every so often in your posts you turn back at the last moment from being really mean...you just touch the fringes??!!(e.g. the post on bloggers which could have been a v entertaining meanie-fest if you had really let yourself go!)

M (tread softly upon) said...

Rohan it's Christmas time not Halloween...

totti said...

hmm..you creep :). did you see pathan and harbhajan kick sl's ass? how about pak kicking eng's ass? :), aussies whipping SA?
it has been a happy day, except for this story.ofcourse!

Anonymous said...

good story and great choice of music to go with it :)

Point 5 said...

Nice one..the mirror thingie has some resemblance to the trailer of a new movie I watched..but I dont recollect the name of the movie...

Rohan Kumar said...

@Anarkist Thnk u that was the intention

@Khizzy Awrite I shall take that as a big compliment

@Casablanca Mebbe you can go brush your hair for a while ;)

@Shruti Thank you and try doing an encore by reading that into the wee hours of the night again then

@Sud I do like the genre but only the ones that makes you think so that its not just the cheap thrills and faces with bad make up that stay with you, the being the meanie bit is mebbe coz its just not the real me :)

@M Mebbe u should get ready for the festivities and start by brushing up your new look hair in the dressing table ;)

@totti Bhajji bowled beautifully of course, pak thrashing anyone doesnt make me happy especially when its a team which just thrashed the Aussies and yes I am sure a day in which you dont have to do any work in ur office and u sit around tracking three test matches simulatneously will be a happy day for you

@Mahima I will take all your comments as a big truckload of compliments, btw on the brighter side think of all the time you shall save you :)

@adi Thnk u, I am glad the music achieved the desired effect

@Pointy Thnx, dig up the name of the movie if you can, its been a while since I've seen a decent horror flick

Casablanca said...

Did someone say you are NOT a meanie??? Which world do these people live in, again?

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

dude,u must write fiction more often...
njoyed reading this

janani said...

Ammmma! You and your story - no more "so-this-is-how-i-look-when-i-am-tired" looks in the mirror at night for me!

Devilish Angel said...

Scary...

FlyingHigh said...

Why did I choose to visit this page at this hour, why did I keep the speakers on? I have to sleep with the lights on now...

Rohan Kumar said...

@Casablanca I have absolutely no clue what u r talking abt ;)

@Swathi Thnk u I dabble in it as and when pos ideas pop into this head of mine

@janani, Vanathi In restrospect I should have left a story title warning ppl abt the content they were abt to read


@Shradha My heartfelt apologies, mebbe I can make up by payin your electricity bill for the month ;)

Casablanca said...

You are paying electricity bills for people? Tell me, where do I submit my claim form?

Susu said...

doode.. awesome.. me a great admirer of horror plots/movies, its just a wonderful art that could be mastered by a few to scare the sissy community... :-p

me off to florida for 10 days.. a nice long break from work..

Rohan Kumar said...

@Casablanca ......................................................
For everthing else including electricity bills there's Mastercard :)

@Susu Thnx, enjoy ur trip man wish I cud get away from the cold confines of 16801 too :(

totti said...

Hello!! how is it going? just got back from NY.Where is the new post? your dashboard looks dusty!

Madame Mahima said...

rohan, update!
happy new year! =D

Rohan Kumar said...

@totti How was that stupid gult movie ;), yup dashboard's all dusty and cob webbed

@Mahima Update complete :)
Happy new year to you too