Monday, October 24, 2005

The Century

As any self respecting cricketer will tell you the century is a very important landmark in the history of well......absolutely anything. So as this blog turns a 100 posts old I shall give you all a rundown of the history of this blog.

It all began inspired by a tree of thoughts in the rundown shambles of rediff blogs where it was battle of me against my self. All this while loads of people had continued unnoticed and as I read through their thoughts and confessions that I asked myself who is sane after all? Anyways I started penning down my random thoughts from a confused mind in apparent zero noise. My initial writings were as random as a spider on a keyboard but slowly but steadily my random thoughts I moved onto a pattern discussing the days of our lives as life means drama. That’s when the blog became a chimera like monster spewing off opinions and thoughts questioning times when things didn’t make sense or did they? I gradually began to thread the broken verses of life and things seemed clearer as I began to enjoy it all. I had to it was jus’(so much)fun. So many people joined in with their stimulating vibes along the way and soon I was on cloud nine. And even though I fall into my bouts of blogger’s blocks (U should know that the lazy shall inherit the earth btw) the writing is on the wall this blog is here to stay.

"Main akela hi chala tha janibe-e-manzil magar Log sath aate gaye aur karavan banta gaya" ('I started all alone towards the goal/ (but) people kept joining and it began to turn into a caravan')
By Majrooh Sultanpuri

My sincerest apologies to anyone who frequents this blog and whom I might have accidentally missed out in that collection.

22 comments:

Point 5 said...

I really hate to say this..and I really really hate to say this, but u might be right - Totti probably ushered us into this Blogworld...

(Totti - if u reading this, the comment was written by Arun...and not Pointy...so chill, there has been no change of heart u leper...)

Sagnik Nandy said...

man, that pot is like a blogroll almost - you should convert it in script form so that people can just use it on their sidebars :)

Susu said...

I am glad that only your blogging was inspired by totti and not your articles :)).. me back in the western time zone for a few days.

Casablanca said...

Log sath aate gaye aur karavan banta gaya
Quite true isnt it... through Mahi's blog I came to yours, and from yours to Totti, Pointy, M and now Susu. The blogging web spreads far, wide and FAST :)

Rohan Kumar said...

@pointy Totti is absoluely moved to tears at that eulogy, easily qualifies as the best thing u have said abt him ever

@Sagnik Yeah that why I had to trick them into reading the blogroll in its entirity :)

@susu I am glad too :), wats that bit abt moving into the western time zone?

@casablanca Thats a beautiful line isnt it, considering ur compositions at ur other blog I am sure u wud have hrd that before, cheers to blogging for forging connections across the globe :)

Madame Mahima said...

hey you! HAPPY 100 POST!
=D
wait wait who came upon whose blog first? i cant remember even tho it wasnt too long ago..
excellent blogging, buddy..keep up the good work for many many years to come =D

janani said...

100 is a milestone! Keep the posts flowing! :-)

Casablanca said...

Yup have heard the line many times before, and I find it beautiful every single time :)

Cheers!

M (tread softly upon) said...

Brilliant....absolutely brilliant! You have real talent and I am glad to be part of your blog world. Congrats and keep it up!

totti said...

the 100 th post showdown!! amazing.and i hope we can continue the saga for years to come. we will get to know important things in your life after you are long gone ( i mean from penn state).just like pointy (there is not much to know about him; in all probability he will start a company that simply plagiarises stuff) :))

keep the stuff rolling my friend. amazing match .Sachin is back!!!!

death to the aussies :p

Rohan Kumar said...

@mahima I shall be a gentleman here and letting u have the honor ;)

@janani thnx when do we see ur next post

@casa thought so

@m Thnx the feeling's mutual

@totti Thnx I am glad u cleared that 'long gone' thing up :)
Pointy has put up a copyright thingie on his blog btw
And yes God is bac on the cricket field (I am guessing u didnt get to see the match though)

totti said...

dude. do you have the highlights for the match?? please..please upload them if you have it!! i tried calling yeh..but your phone is lying at chillar's place

Anarkist said...

Congratulations on the century man. I should get myself to write some stuff too. My drafts have spider webs around them now.
Totti, remember who told you about blogs?

totti said...

yeh! i remember! i had created a blog about didnt know what the hell it was.then came along sant mudit, the spreader of knowledge, giver of spam and guided me. Please post something.a few excerpts from your thesis will do!

Jinguchakka said...

Congrats Mr.Ton!!! "Clap Clap Clap"

Gamesmaster G9 said...

Thanks for the use of your story. Its up on the 55 word blog now. Sorry it took so long.

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

A big Congrats....and u truly deserve a pat on ur back for coming up with such a wonderful poem (if I may call it so...)

yes n if not for those comments of fellow bloggers we would lose steam...

Casablanca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casablanca said...

Hey lazy bum.. where's the new post?
Out after the century? :)

Rohan Kumar said...

@totti Guess u wud have gotten ur highlights and stop fighting with Sant Mudit, he's a peace living sant or so his reputation preceding him tells me :)

@Anarkist Ya plzzz do write atleast post ur spider web woven drafts as a tribute to spiderman :)


@Jinguchakka thnx (takes a bow)

@Gamesmaster G9 No Thnk u for putting it up on that list

@Swathi Thnk u

@casablanca Was that u with the deleted comments thing, yeah I've been lazy and busy with my other blog or so to say which has been deemed as the more interestin of the two by a certain grp of ppl

Casablanca said...

Yup that was me with the deleted comment. Had mentioned your other blog.. then decided against it ;)

Rohan Kumar said...

@casa Aha but u decided to go public now :)