Thursday, July 06, 2006

And I wonder........

Death is one of the most over bearing, over powering and long lasting emotions known to the human mind. I have personally never been a big proponent of it and neither have I ever spent unearthly hours discussing the whole philosophical side to it. There have been times that I have stared at it in the eye often managing to blink and walk away. I don’t mind that though, all I hate is to be seated on any ride with it as my co passenger. The more I think about it the more depressing the emotion seems to be to me and its not because I fear it, its simply a realization that I am very ill equipped to deal with the whole concept of it. There fore I come across days when the whole event even though totally unrelated depresses me to unusually low ebb. What is it about death that permeates boundaries of nations and blood lines unnoticed and unannounced till it drives a cold dagger across our hearts. Is that why they call it the final truth of life laced in all its glorious inevitability?

7 comments:

Jinguchakka said...

Were you the passenger in some rash driver's car today?
:-)

Rohan Kumar said...

@totti I state once and for the final time hopefully "No attempts at blatant AOL promotion shall be entertained on this blog" :)

@Jinguchakka No nothing of that sort the rash car drivers around here in NJ seemed to have crashed and burned lately :), and I kinda knew it wouldnt be long before somebody would try and eke out some connection b/w this post and my life

Madame Mahima said...

hmm my psychic senses tell me that you might have quite possibly got into (or come close to)an accident.
(yes?no? maybe? not really?)

i try not to think about death in situations where its very possible that ANYTHING (morbid) couild happen (eg- driving, flying, probably eating your cooking)..
i mean..why tempt fate right

Rohan Kumar said...

@Mahima Your psychic senses suck :)
And yes ppl have been known to starve themselves to death after eating my food refusing to eat anything again till the food's been cooked by me

ligne said...

strange you should mention death too..
check this out..
http://letmesaynasomething.blogspot.com/2006/06/d-five-letter-word.html
mine was induced by a book and a movie..
what was the root of your line of thought?

nice song btw!

Rohan Kumar said...

@ligne Well my line of thinking wasnt influenced by anything as apparent as a movie or a book, it was more out of a realisation of the depressing thoughts that entangle me when I think too much abt the subject.

M (tread softly upon) said...

hopefully you're out of it now.