Sunday, June 19, 2005

A nice guy to know

Today I bade goodbye to one of my really close friends over the past 2 years at Penn State. He went off on an internship and I guess he shall not be returning for the next 2 months. I did not realize it an that instant but if I land up a job in these coming months I might not be meeting him for quite a while. So let this post be an ode to him. I came to know him through another friend of mine initially during my 1st semester at Penn State when he was weighed down by a few more pounds and liked to introduce himself as Saurabh Bhatnagar. Over the last 2 years he has cut down on those pounds but he has been ironically been 'Golu' all along. Now this person is the eternal Mr. Nice Guy and I am pretty sure all those who know him will vouch for it. He hasnt learnt to say 'no' to all ppl around him (like me) a fact epitomised by last night when inspite of the fact that he hadnt started packing for his trip and he was tired by his 11 hour workday he still showed up to join us for a movie. He has a great sense of humor and he keeps soaking all jokes thrown at him be it abt his being 'golu', the gifts rolling in by a dozen to him from the 'friend' in India, him gifting his Dad chocolates on his bday just coz he wanted to eat some, his fat bones etc by coming up with the final say on things with a great punchline. We've had some gr88 times and shared some common interests like our love for the SPURS (mebbe not). Best of luck for ur internship man and hope we meet again sometime soon (God plzzz dont listen to me, all those were just incessant ramblings of a guy swayed by emotion plzzz get me a job and get me away from State College).

P.S. I hate to say it but I had predicted the beginning of the end in my last post and the wheels have started to come off the Aussie bandwagon already as they were beaten convincingly by Bangladesh.

5 comments:

totti said...

God has more reasons not to listen to you.dude.PCG people are praying!! :p...don't worry man some company will take you and sink their ship!

Point 5 said...

the aussies aint performing, cause I am busy and am not following their cricket closely...just wait for a week till I settle..and then we shall rape everyone

Rohan Kumar said...

The only team Australia is capable of raping right now is....oh I am sorry they have already been thrashed by B'desh. Guess we'll have to wait till Fiji or Vatican City starts playing cricket then :)

totti said...

hey..konjam..konjam!! where did you get this man!!

Rohan Kumar said...

Try this link I think i gave it to Charan long time bac but he must have forgotten all abt it http://www.public.asu.edu/~rchand1/media.htm . It has zillions of links for Tam and Hindi movies and music. Btw this movie has gr888 songs (thnx to Shiva for recommending it). They probably arent as catchy as Anniyan but will definitely have a longer recall than Aniiyan songs.