Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Story

Housed up in its home for what seems like ages now
Desperate to see the world outside
Knowing it’s the answer to prayers of so many down there
Waiting to spread its wings
Swoop down waiting to meet the parched soil
The silver lining across the sky signals the onset
It’s out on its own now in the big bad world
It braves the cold knowing all that joy it provides to all
Will make the pain worth it all
It startles a bird mid flight but then a smile breaks across
Between the 2 souls a muted thank you uttered
As it seeps thru the parched feathers
It moves on falling upon the leaves of an ageing tree
And it smiles as its never looked greener
It petters down through those leaves
Upon a body upraised heavenwards
It seeps thru my body my pain my sweat my longing wait
All my emotions quenched in the purity of the moment
And the raindrop smiles a know it all smile

I dont know why but I just felt like writing a poem today after ages. Probably the first time I have penned down a verse after 7th or 8th standard but as I started the whole thing just flowed probabaly the only way to go.

2 comments:

janani said...

Wow! Very beautiful

Casablanca said...

Hehehe... I would have believed you, even if you didnt put a link to this post. But nicely written. We likey :)