Thursday, June 30, 2005

When the Universe conspires against u.........

Have u been thru times when u get the feeling that the whole universe is conspiring against you, when you feel that every move of yours is being watched by people who are wishing for ur downfall waiting for the moment when u fall probably to never rise again and they can grind u into the dust of mediocrity that surrounds them all. In times like these nothing seems to go right and you feel whether its worth all the pain, the grind, the effort but ‘the moment’ drives you on. The moment which u hold so precious with whatever you have so that it cant slip away and u can snigger and mock back at your detractors with that air of defiance and be proud to settle the records straight.
Today I watched Venus Williams come through in the first semifinals against Maria Sharapova. Now Venus Williams was already being talked about as the have beans of tennis with all talk about her being past her prime and lacking the hunger to win another big one. But after she won the match you couldn’t help but notice the look of mocking defiance that came into her eyes almost as if she was answering all the critics that had been doubting her abilities. Then somehow as if she realized that it wasn’t the outside world that was doubting her abilities it was only to herself that she wanted to prove anything to. And as if on cue she broke into a smile that flowed and ebbed from a self realization of abilities of things she always knew she had in her and her eyes twinkled with a smile of realization of another lesson that life had taught her in that instant.
As I was watching all this I gained an increased appreciation of Russell Crowe’s emoting abilities coz he had successfully already demonstrated this entire gamut of emotions in his movie called Cinderella Man that I had seen a few days back. F you have happened to miss it you better grab it anytime soon….one of the best movies of this year.

P.S. I shall not be discussing who i was rooting for during the tennis match and how angelically beautiful Sharapova is. Probably I shall reserve that for another blog :)

6 comments:

totti said...

lots of shady comments passed on by the gumbal at N-1. Yesterday night we were watching the match. Awesome shots !

Rohan Kumar said...

Shady comments abt my take on the match or the usual crap abt Ms. Sharapova?

Anarkist said...

Though I didn't see the match I doubt I would be able to spot nuances in the expressions of Venus Williams, even if I had. It was an intersting take though. Coming to Cinderella Man, it was too similar to A Beautiful Mind, also starring Crowe and directed by Ron Howard. Even the emoting was very similar. I enjoyed it immensely though and I think Paul Giamati was brilliant. I think he is one of the most underrated actors of our time. If you liked him in Cinderella Man, then you've got to see Sideways. Another thing Rohan, do have to have music on your blog? You write well, but the reason I dont frequent your blog is because of the annoying music that plays there. I don't think it serves any other purpose than to show that you can put music on your blog. I understand that you write here expecting people to read what you have to say, and frankly, I think the music is a big turnoff. I hope you realize that not everyone shares your tastes in music. So, unless you start taking requests, I think the music really has no place on your blog. Get rid of it. If you plan to put some way to control the music, then please place some large visible buttons on the top of the page. Sorry for such a long first comment. I got carried away. I hope you dont mind my (constructive??) criticism. Lately, people apparently get offended pretty easily by what I have to say.

Anarkist said...

I just realized that you do have buttons to control the music, in which case my previous comment is another unnecesary rant (I left one on 0.5's blog too). Though the argument agaist it still holds, and also the controls dont show up in Firefox, which makes me switch to IE which I dont use etc etc blah blah. Still, if you think your blog is cool with the music, I think it would be wayy cooler without it.

shub said...

fantastic post dude. I just finished watching the final. I can't get over Venus' reactions, You know how badly she wanted taht win! :)

Anonymous said...

Good day Rohan Kumar, I have been looking around at blogs related to When the Universe conspires against u......... and I found your site. I have a site that is some what related to your blog and I thought it would help. So I wanted to leave you a quick message while I was here. Take a look; you will be happy you had did! My site deals with easy way to make money related information. Plus I have some great stuff on my site that you may want to use.