Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mechanics of a freefall

30/24: Even though you sit around comfortably in our apartment you think it wouldn’t hurt to check the weather outside in the balcony and get some air
32/26: Damn it was a good idea coming out to grab that whiff of air and you feel as if you have never felt better, so you get complacent trying to get an extra whiff sitting on the ledge
34/28: Even though you don’t realize it you subconsciously crossed the barrier that would be considered ‘safe’ and finally tip over the edge.
36/30: As you enter the freefall fear grips you as you realize there’s probably no going back and you know you have tempted fate and stayed home or even in the safe confines of the balcony.
38/32: As your end rushes up to you suddenly feel a sense of helplessness and your contrived mind suddenly tells you that now that you are in this ride you might as well as enjoy it while it lasts.
40/34: You look down and for the last few seconds fear grips you again freezing up your joints, you make a concerted effort to escape the inevitable but it probably is too late and you resign to your fate.

For those of you who haven’t realized it yet that was a step by step analysis of the freefall to obesity and i think I would be insulting your intelligence if I have to spell out what the numbers stood for (I thought again abt this running thru all those times when jokes fell flat coz ppl didnt get the punchline and therefore for ppl who still didn't get it they happen to be waist sizes for both guys and girls).

I don’t like to put out disclaimers on my posts but I would like to state that this post was meant to a short tongue in cheek piece. I am not making any sly comments who happen to be either too thin or too fat and I have no issues with anyone as long as they are happy being what they are :). But in case this blog gives rise to feeling of 'been there done that' and wish u hadn't, then its time to break the freefall before its too late.

10 comments:

Point 5 said...

(...oh ! now I know why u use to carry that measuring tape in ur pocket all the time...)

interesting insight into the female waistline....wonder how u came up with the numbers ?

totti said...

Interesting take on obesity. Where in the free fall line are you?

Mid way in the flight you decide to shed weight,then do you float up back into the balcony.

Rohan Kumar said...

@pointy damn u knew bout that all along. I dunno abt the numbers, halfway b/w a guess and some previous knowledge. They do stand validated as I notice the person making the second comment on the list is a female photographer / model (or so her profile says)

@broken verses Interestingly good or bad? :) I dunno all sorts of ideas keep floating abt my head as soon as I get finished with my previous posts, this was just one of them.

@totti I kinda knew tht question wud be coming somewhere down the line. I am safely enjoying some air (not to mention my sodas, pizzas, ice creams and cakes) up on the balcony. Yes if you get enough weight off you can probably latch onto some floor passing by and take an elevator back to your house or balcony.

KM said...

lol...wow!
a public service post!
now ive seen it all!

Rohan Kumar said...

@khizzy Thnx and inspite of the fact that the compliment is flattering I hope it doesnt prove prophetic :)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

hmm....i read the first line n thot that it is something to do with the 'size' but
the second line onwards i thot it doesnt make sense (the numbers) but then...
tat was a beautiful metaphor

FlyingHigh said...

The numbers for women are unfair if u ask me... :))

Rohan Kumar said...

@swathi Am I glad I put the explanations for the numbers in place :)

@shradha U really think so, guess that was coz it was a guy's take on things, U r welcome to gimme class on how I can the girls a fairer shot ;)

@broken verses Thnk god for that
P.S. I was just kidding

Thetis said...

ha.. interesting, nice.

Rohan Kumar said...

@thetis thnx welcome bac to the blog world