Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Let me be

Time has come its time we had a talk
I sense a difference of opinion so c’mon kiddo lets take a walk
I’ve just been told you are kinda unwelcome
They say you symbolize sin something needs to be done
The only reason why I shed those tears
Is because I mebbe the reason why you got here
Even though you had come to be a part of me
Time has come that I set you free

I always thought I gave you joy
You were my master I was your little toy
You never talked to me lately something had seemed amiss
But I never thought it would come to this
As you prepare to push me up heaven’s stairs
Remember you are the reason why I got here
Do you think by doing this your soul will ever be free
I wanna see the world Mommy let me be

Not big fan of hip hop or anything but if this thing was ever to be put into music rap would be a perfect choice.

11 comments:

totti said...

Can i be the singer then? :p nicely put though may be i a little of on the gist of the whole thing. Halla Bol!

KM said...

wooooah!
lol...intense rohan!
ur quite the talented one!

Point 5 said...

good one...u may be interested in joining the band "36B"...started by me and Pinky....the band became famous for the song "Dream/Concentrate/Confusion" :)...incase u didt know...

Thetis said...

rap?

i thought that was nice bit of poetry.. er.. whats the diff?

Susu said...

NIce Post!!! to join pointy's band or a rap though you need to accomodate the 'F' word in your poetry and rate it PG-13..

Rohan Kumar said...

@Totti since u didnt make the cut to even Pointy's band I am guessing u arent the best singer around in 16801. Plus u gotta really work on ur Hindi diction Allahbaad @##$#@@@@##$

@khizzy thnx, watsup with the changing pics?

@pointy Only if u dont try and make the kinda music that makes it to Ozfests :)

@thetis I am not African American to comment with sufficient authority of that topic :), but from watever lil I know of rap that piece itself wudnt really qualify as one and therefore I mentioned in passing that the emotions somehow wud come out better if the poetry was put to rap.

@susu U think I shall have to put in the number of words I can rhyme with the F word on my application for Pointy's band :)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

n so did i think it was a neat piece of poetry ...till u mentioned rap. did i miss anything?

Point 5 said...

Rohan...subscribe to

p-ij@yahoogroups.com

or pass me ur Yahoo ID

Rohan Kumar said...

@swathi As i stated b4 the piece is poetry only but just that I mentioned in passing that the emotions somehow wud come out better if the poetry was put to rap.

@pointy u got urself a new member

M (tread softly upon) said...

Thanks for visiting even though I am on the down of a huge rollercoaster ride.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about solid chocolate candy
. You can check it out at solid chocolate candy


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder