Sunday, June 18, 2006

A tribute to the anonymous commentor

I believe in the right to free speech very strongly and it was one of the prime reasons why I have always allowed anonymous commenting on this blog. I know that most bloggers whenever moved in any ways by a person's comment on their blog like to immediately go the person's blog to find out more about the person, its just human nature and that is where the anonymous commentors give you nothing to work with. I guess it all adds to an air of mystery about them and that is why some anonymous comments stay in your head for a long while for some inane reason. Here below I reproduce some anonymous masterpieces from my blog. As much as I would like to deny it do intrigue me with a feeling of having known you from somewhere so if any of you still reading can claim ownership to them give an anonymous shout out :)

Anonymous said...
So different yet so alike
Seems like we've met
Maybe in another life?


Anonymous said...
Hey, nice blog. I have been reading ur stuff for quite sometime.
I cannot help but agree with point5, especially since you have made your identity public? Anyways, keep up the good work.


Anonymous said...
This reminds me of something that happened a few yrs ago. 107.1 FM (I think) radio in Mumbai had a very popular RJ. His voice was so freakin sexy that women all ages used to drool over it and ofcourse the show's ratings were sky rocketing.
One fine day, Bombay Times happened to post his pic on page3. Needless to say, most women were extremely disappointed. It might sound shallow but right after that, everyone I knew stopped listening in to the show.


Anonymous said... Come on. I am sure this song was for "some one". You definitely had someone in mind , didn't you ? Some one you know right now or may be someone back in india ?

Anonymous said...
hi rohan, have been reading your blogs since quite some time now. i must say i was surprised to see two news faces of your personality today.
i thought this was a very emotional blog you wrote today (first new face). then i read mr anonymous's comments and what you said in response (face 2). well to tell you the truth he just expressed his opinion and it just so happens that his opinions dont match yours. that's okay. that happens. my blogs are also very controversial and i get to hear so much from people. to tell you the truth, i too get angry at times. but mostly i take it in spirit and try and understand what other people are thinking and why they are thinking what they are thinking. and you know what, that helps. i can say this cause i am older than you and have seen more in life.
i am telling you all this only because i think you write well. you dont have to listen to me. you are not compelled to. enjoy your comments.
ps: someday i will give you the link to my blog, and then may be you understand what i mean.


Anonymous said...
Then go home...why do you continue to stay here?


Koi Pahailee said...
Though i almost always enjoy your posts..especially SWADES
but i must say that this is one posts that sucks...
(honest opinion:))


Anonymous said...
"good posts go commented" ... nice point made. I'll tell why I don't comment on posts that I feel are very good. I do not want to spoil a delicious maincourse with a mediocre dessert.

18 comments:

Madame Mahima said...

anonymous commentors..sigh..its such a love hate relationship..i was just going to do a post on them myself !

but ure right..a lot of blogs enable anon commenting and then freak out when they get anon comments...thats so daft!

che sara sara said...

when angels visit they dont leave their names
and devils too...
we only find their foot prints....
let them not lead us to yonder....

che sara sara said...

i m blogrolling you

che sara sara said...

where r u in orkut?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have been that anonymous figure in all but one posts that you have mentioned !!! now figure out that one and I'll let u know who I am.

Rohan Kumar said...

@Mahima I guess u mean you totally love to hate them ;), do write that post you were just abt to do

@sophie Well said :) tnx for blogrollin me, you can find me by searhing for my name (mebbe try changing the location filter while searching to nywhere)

@anonymous I was soo ready for these kinda comments when I wrote this blog. As much as I would love to give you credit for all these anaonymous comments I am positive that that's not the case. I can however tell you that you that you work for a company called M cubed technologies with its office in Monroe, Connecticut ;). Hope that helps resolve ur identity crisis

totti said...

"Hey!"

Jinguchakka said...

Should I have gone anonymous? That would have made my comments appear in your post!!
Jus'kidding.

Casablanca said...

Stalker! Stop looking up where these commentors are and which company they work for... tsk tsk :p

Point 5 said...

All non-intelligent anon comments are from Totti...hope this helps u to crack down on Anons

Rohan Kumar said...

@totti Wth you cant say hey and then SIGNOUT on an anonymous shout out ;)

@Jinguchakka Trust me seeing a comment from a regular and faithful reader gives me a tad more joy than an anonymous comment

@Casablanca No I dont do that other than specific instances like this one when ppl really wanna mess around, nyways I am honest abt the presence of such softwares on the blog unlike some ppl :)

@Anonymous Well two can play the game indeed :) and thnk and will do

@Point No luck there as totti says beacuse of the almost extinct and scarce nature of his intelligent anonymous comments he saves them up for his own blog :)

totti said...

Hee hee..i was just trying that joey thing..air quotes without meaning..anyway, "Anonymous people piss me off!!" (Cartman's voice)....

Ekta said...

wow..
Those are some interesting comments from anonymous bloggers!!
Guess somewhere there is always a thrill to know who these people really are and "anyonymity" just adds a little more spice to the thrill!:-)

janani said...

Anon comments are fun! :-) I like it better when they think of some name rather than plain ol boring "anonymous"

Rohan Kumar said...

@totti Cmon man they arent that bad, mysterious faceless entities of the blogosphere

@ps Step up then and kindly let us know which ones (of ourse only if u wish to)

@Ekta And thrill is the name of the game aint it :)

@janani Yay me too so that u have something to associate them by when they comment again

totti said...

I can take a guess..the one with pointy's name is the one PS made,
the other one is the long one starting with "hi rohan"

ligne said...

anonymity is nice na? being able ot be someone else for a day? maybe on a blog?
or perhaps to be oneself..without being analysed.?

Rohan Kumar said...

@totti I always thought the one making the 'Hey rohan......' long comment was someone I knew very well but well...... I guess I'll never know him/her or abt his/her blog

@ligne True and that's why its a choice everyone one of us does get to make whenever one finshes up writing a comment here