Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Beauty lies in ....... beholder (me in this case :) )

Lately I really cant seem to come up with any inspiration for my next post, I guess I have hit the blogger’s block. Therefore I visited around a few blogs and I notice that when this happens to other bloggers they come up with fancy lists which range from 10 resolutions for this year, 5 things I miss aboutt my ex, 7 reasons why I have seen Gigli 77 times, 5 reasons why I cant seem to blog anymore etc etc. I guess its an easy practice because you don’t have to write much, it doesn’t take too much brains and of course if you have the number on the list to play around with.
Now I have noticed that people always come up with their lists of their most beautiful people in the world very often. Every month new magazines and new websites come up with their own versions and we actually keep skimming with bated breath till we get to see who shows up at no. 1 on these lists. Also we fail to realize that these lists inspite of the fact that they are released by some prestigious magazine are actually made by a particular person or a select panel of people. Even if they are chosen by popular internet polls we fail to dismiss their triviality as we had so quickly done when Amitabh Bacchhan was chosen the superstar of the millennium.
Also I have noticed that I am at a loss of words whenever females ask me as what kinda females I like. Some people on the other hand seem to have all the answers ready and they quickly emit out a voluble mix of sensuality, homeliness, class, sense of humor, beauty topped of by an hourglass figure. As I am nt one of those who seem to have all the answers in life figured out I thought I would in light of all the above reasons blog about females I thought would make my list my 5 most beautiful females ever. Now before you decide to go through this list you must realize that I rate them on the quotient of their beauty and beauty alone (being a sex bomb, having a most desirable body / booty /cozonkas, being the most desirable kisser, being the most sweetest or cutest face / eyes etc don’t count at all) so here we go.
Madhubala has been one of the most beautiful faces to grace the black and white screens of Indian cinema and had a smile that would just light up the silver screen. She is one of the prime reason why Madhuri Dixit failed to make it of the list as even she was considered a look alike of Madhubala early on in her career.
Waheeda Rehman is probably a controversial selection but she makes it to the list as she has always been a personal favourite. You just have to see the grace and dignity which which she carried herself on the screen, the personification of Chaudvin Ka Chaand :)
Marlyn Monroe another classic beauty on the list would probably make the cut on any such list in any century. She has probably sold more posters than anyone and probably inspired more wannabes than anyone else.
Liv Tyler is one of few contemporary females who make it to the list because she is absolutely, drop dead gorgeously and angelically beautiful. I kept wondering how such ugly parents to give rise to such a pretty progeny till I saw Esha Deol came around and pretty much covered the other end of the spectrum on the question.
Aishwarya Rai but of course had to be in any list of mine. I must have been really devoted to Aish coz I remember my Mom telling with a very straight face once that she was actually too old for me :). She had waltzed right into my heart when she blazed the silver screen with the ‘Hi I am Sanju your new neighbor, Ek Pepsi milegi’ bit and has pushed up guy’s expectations from their new next door neighbours to previously unheard of levels.

Well that’s pretty much my list so I must list my also rans which include Angelina Jolie, Kylie Minogue, Kim Basinger, Parveen Babi and my 2nd grade English Teacher. I would love to include my next girlfriend to the list but I am too bad a liar to fib my way through that one (the sheer practicality of my nature might have something to do with it too :) )

Wats ur list people ?

8 comments:

Anarkist said...

You were one horny 2nd grader man :)
Anyway...heres my list in no particular order:-
Liv Tyler
Michelle Pfeiffer
Maharani Gayatri Devi
Laetitia Casta
Ingrid Bergman

Point 5 said...

Madhuri ?????? Man, I have seen her from a very close range at our College festival...she is not as good looking as u might think...cosmetics can do wonders....

totti said...

Madhubala
Savithri (Gult actress a la madhubala)
Ash
Ms.monroe
a couple of my ex-gf's :p

Point 5 said...

1) Ash
2) Cameron Diaz
3) The girl I and susu saw in a LA gas station (dont know her name)
4) Laila Rous
5) Totti's ex gf

Jinguchakka said...

lol. You seem to have run into a true blogger's block! you could have named your list as list of made-up beautiful females. your neighbourhood female always could beat them screen beauties.

Rohan Kumar said...

@Anarkist Oh cmon as if u didnt have any kindergarten crushes :). Who is Ingrid Bergman, I somehow even being the big film buff that I am, havent seen any of her movies.
@Pointy I cud probably level the accusations made against Madhuri against all of Totti's gf's too.
@Totti our lists are surprisingly similar leave or take some of ur gf's :)
@Jinguchakka Thou vilolates the 2nd law of blogging which states 'Thou shall not overestimate thy co-blogger's neighbourhood :)

totti said...

true. if there were beauty around..who would bother blogging...and on top of it abt beauty (beauty sounds so mythical...a thing of past..in distant lands) :-)

M (tread softly upon) said...

had a good laugh with that bit about esha deol....like ur choice of beautiful females though. They are some of my fav too.