Monday, July 11, 2005

Rendered unusable

I have been thinking about a lot of lines that have been rendered unusable due to the overpowering influx of movies, TV and other real life events. I have tried to put together a short collection of the same in this post.

You’ve got beautiful eyes. They remind me of my ……… (you just can’t use that for some reason even if someone actually does have beautiful eyes)
How u doing? (U just can’t say that w/o the Joey hangover)
I just love small children. (Michael Jackson takes lone credit for that one)
We are just friends. (Ya rite)
Asta la vista / I’ll be back. (Arnie seems to have that one patented now)
XYZ karna to mera farz tha….. (sounds like a hangover of all those old Hindi movies)
Have we met before? (supposedly the most clichéd pickup line)
Do u wanna get some coffee? (but of course wat else do u want)

Fell free to add more to the list :).

8 comments:

totti said...

If beauty was crime, you would be in for life

Rohan Kumar said...

Totti u seem to have missed the point I wasnt referring to cheesy picup lines or real life lines inspired from reel life. I was just referring to lines u wud have otherwise used, if their use hadnt sounded corny because of their being cliched or just coz they sounded wierd for particular reasons in particular situations.

Sample these lines nyways:
If I said you had a great body, would you hold it against me?
Girl, you must be tired 'cause you've been running through my mind all day!

totti said...

Oh!! yeah..i got the idea but i had seen this sometime back on rediff where they had 10 worst pick up lines or something like that.

Anonymous said...

kindly change the photo ..i was misguided ...i thot it;s a female..is it a true..

regards.
V.manikandan

Rohan Kumar said...

@Manikandan Thnx for the advice man but i think I shall stick with this one and continue to misguide idiots like u. BTW It is not 'a true' do I even know you?

totti said...

:p...the name should have be helpful..or may be you can change your name to rohini or something like that...i suggest we discuss this at next PCG :-))

Anarkist said...

My mind reels to think what Mr.Manikandan might be doing until he suddenly realized that u are a dude. Looks like he got quite a shock that he left you a comment. But he still wasn't sure if it was 'a true' or not. :-))

Rohan Kumar said...

Jeez Mudit.....'a true' shudder :)