Sunday, July 31, 2005

The toddler crawls

Its official now, I have fallen prey to blog mania. I discovered this for a fact today morning after I woke up. I was following my routine of net browsing rubbing away sleep away from my eyes aided by a freshly made cup of tea in hand when even before I had finished checking up my mails I flipped on my blog site checking it for comments simultaneously looking up 2-3 of my other favored blog sites too. It was then and there that I knew that this was going to form my inspiration for my next blog. I thought about why I was curious about whether X had managed to make it to office after the Mumbai rains, whether B managed to recover from the binging drive he went on Sunday to make it to work, whether E had decided on whether she loved Y or Z, whether V had come up with her take on the new Big B movie or whether what T thought of my new blog. I reasoned that blogs served as my window to lots of lives and following their developments served as my guilty pleasure. Lots of blogs served up some real in-your-face reality TV and this somehow kept me going back to lots of blogs. Some other ones served up some really interesting takes on life and that made me see lots of commonplace and mundane things in a new light. Also I identified with many people because they mirrored me in some past, present or future phase of my life. I reasoned that my blog reflected my thoughts that I put up for public consumption and I really wanted to know about various people’s views on the subject. I realized that every comment on my blog made me learn something new, made me know more about different kinds of people, how people thought, how they agreed, disagreed, appreciated, ridiculed my views and somewhere ended up in making me a better person at the end of the day. It opened me up to a whole new world of people who I consider as friends and I keep checking up on them and their lives through their blogs because I am somehow concerned for them now. As these thoughts kept playing in my head I realized that I had progressed also from the days when I thought of the blogs as just a selfish means of self expression and crawled my first steps as a toddler in the world of blogging.

8 comments:

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

cudnt have put it in better words n ur blog reflects my very thots, i find my life suddenly entering many of those others who might be strangers otherwise but we remain somewhere connected thro' the web.

alice said...

welcome to Blogomania...
thanx for stooping by at my blog

M (tread softly upon) said...

Excellent point. I feel the same way. Here I am drinking my morning cup of coffee and trying to catch up on what everyone did during the weekend. It's like my life is twined in a strange way with all these other people who I have never met but seem to know so well. Hope to see you take your first steps and walk and run too!

Point 5 said...

...I donno abt u, but I think I am getting into a kinda of Bloggaddiction, wherein I keep visiting blogs of a chosen few, multiple times a day to check on new posts and comments...couple this with email addiction...I am doomed

totti said...

Just came to the dept to check on updates!! could'nt agree more or less :-)

janani said...

Great post. It talks exactly about how I (and probably other bloggers too) feel about this whole thing

Rohan Kumar said...

Thnk u all, I was very pleased to know that my thoughts reflect the feelings of most ppl on the subject. Now that all of u know how much I treasure ur comments do keep visiting and keep me Blogaddicted :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.