Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Reactive prose

A: As I stand alone
B: waiting to come undone
A: I see the world in chains
B: Wondering if its worth all the pains
A: I see light
B: Even though it aint so bright
A: It must be a dream
B: Whatever it mebbe its a chance to redeem
A: I take my first step into the "lake" blanketed by darkness
B: My soul hurts in the cold starkness
A: Oh angel- where are thy
B: I am around you, take my wings and fly

That happens to be a line by line reproduction of a chat session I had with a friend of mine recently as we tried to engage in some poetic ‘jugalbandi’ with yours truly playing ‘B’. The person concerned insisted that her lines were better but I did manage to eke out a benefit of doubt statement from her because I was the one who was supposed to come up with the 2nd line all the time (which generally includes all the rhyming words) as she enjoyed a tad extra creative freedom (. So I guess there’s a sequel coming up sometime soon.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PreethZzZ The Original said...

hehehe...cool idea... and good attempt by both... will look forward to the sequel!

Shivangi Misra said...

Hmmm... cute guy, you! Sorry if it embarrasses u, just being honest... :)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

tat was some poetical dialogue,
flirting seems to have taken new dimensions these days :))

Once the Conman said...

"A: Oh angel- where are thy"

You = Thee... not Thy
Thy = Your

Sorry for intrusion.

M (tread softly upon) said...

pretty cool, but next time you can have ur friend do the rhyming and have the better end of the deal.

totti said...

real cool. looking forward to the sequel too!:)

Rohan Kumar said...

@preethi sequel coming up to a blog near u

@shivangi Too late I am all flattered and embarassed (of course it didnt help that I checked up the comments tab thrice ;) )

@swathi The Flirt lines open up on rohan********@yahoo.com on demand

@urs truly conman I do know my thy's from thee's this just happened to be a word by word reproduction a chat conversation (I will fwd ur corrections to the person 'A')

@m Yeah I know it wud be so much easier doing the first line

@totti thnx sequel shows up only when u decide to write ur next blog :)

Point 5 said...

good one.....u shld have ended with one of those audibles which say "Please do us all a favour and unplug your computer" :)

janani said...

Wow this is such a great idea! The outcome is pretty good too. Hurry up with the sequel. Perhaps you can try this with 3 people so that it's fair for everyone. :-)

Once the Conman said...

Lol...@ forward the corrections.
heheheheehahahahahahahaha....
God... Have mercy on me.

Rohan Kumar said...

@pointy Thnx if u like the audibles then download the yahoo messenger from yahoo.co.in it has an amazing collection of Indianised audibles

@young_buddha I am no expert but I think its a bit of both

@janani thnx why dont u pioneer some work in the 3 way chat domain :)

@urs truly....Always nice to make ppl crack up. God might have mercy on you, just wish he was as generous with all those who might have had to endure you.

KM said...

lol..ur such a drama!

Nimbus said...

Interesting experiment. My vote goes for you, since keeping up the rhyme is definitely tougher! But then again, I only read your blog, and not your friend's, so maybe I'm just biased :)

Happy flirting! ;)

Rohan Kumar said...

@khizzy I just try and keep up with all the drama that goes on in real life :)

@megha I concur with ur bias ;), my friend doesnt have a blog anyways. Also
Me no casanova, me no flirt
So ladies plzz stop kicking around all that dirt :)