Sunday, September 25, 2005

Reactive prose

Awritee the sequel to Reactive prose has finally arrived. So all those who have been waited with bated breath (I can almost imagine a chorus of ‘yeah right’) read on, and those who haven’t you can read on too because it just lends credence to the theory that sequels are never quite good as the original thing :)

A: it’s been an odd sorta day
B: I wish it were a holiday
A: but then I wish that all the time
B: if I could drown myself in wine
A: wine doesn’t solve any problems but so doesn’t milk
B: and she looked lovely in silk
(after this line I laughed so hard that I almost fell off my chair and so any lines hereon don’t have any kinda accountability to its composer)
A: how is that ever supposed to make sense
B: y is it making u tense
A: this doesn’t look half as good as the first time
A: mebbe coz u r coming up with the 2nd line
(Even though that was outta turn I just couldn’t miss out on adding that, but anyways the gentleman that I am I let B have the last word)
B: oh u are so divine (???????????)

For those of you unfamiliar with this style of post it happens to be another line by line reproduction of a chat session I had with a friend of mine recently as we tried to engage in some poetic ‘jugalbandi’ with yours truly playing ‘A’ this time.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casablanca said...

'Jugalbandi' on chat.. sure sounds exciting!
Maybe I'm gonna irritate some of my friends on messenger with this idea ;)

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

aha! so when do I get to read the uncensored version of the chat sessions? :))

totti said...

poetic jugalbandi! neat. the musical one yesterday evening was awesome too!

Rohan Kumar said...

@casablanca U just forced a lot of ppl to seek refuge in the invisible and stealth modes on their messengers with that declaration of urs :)

@swathi Hmm sure I'll make sure I include the pleasanteries including the customary Hi's and Bye's the next time I post ;)

@totti Yday was just abt ok, it was so much better the last 2 years for some reason (guess it was something to do with their choice of songs and the low attendance)

Jinguchakka said...

You can be a good rapper! :-))

Point 5 said...

Gimme B's Yahoo ID

Madame Mahima said...

i have a question.
whats 'juglabandhi'?

Madame Mahima said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Madame Mahima said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
totti said...

i meant the poetic jugalbandi in the sarod concert.don't tell me you missed it!!

Rohan Kumar said...

@jinguchakka That could be a possible career option to be explored ;)

@pointy I have a better idea why dont u gimme ur id and I'll fwd it to B and let her decide if she wants to get back to u

@mahima Found this somewhere on the net 'Jugalbandi, meaning "tied together", is a relatively under-explored concept where two artists share a musical canvas, striving to present a single picture, at the same time exploring the depths of each other's creativity.'

@totti of course I didnt miss it, that was pretty good (but it doesnt help that I have also seen Ustad Zakhir Hussain and Ustad Amjad Ali Khan in live jugalbandi action too :))

Point 5 said...

aroon156 .....:)

janani said...

This sequel is pretty good too! :-)

M (tread softly upon) said...

atelast you get the edge when going as A. Keep them coming!

Rohan Kumar said...

@young Buddha guess we will have to find more takers for a multiplebandi mebbe it wud work better on someone's guestbook

@pointy u must be getting very lonely back there in Pasadena :), the person concerned actually visited the blog and comments section today itself and will get back to u hopefully

@janani thnx

@m I know its such a big advantage alrite, dunno if I am getting to this co-composing exploits though :)

Rohan Kumar said...

@tiger Liked the song (Lata and Manna Dey? I suppose) but I thought it was more of a duet than jugalbandi.