Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I always remember the times when while watching the Sri lankan cricket team play cricket from the comforts of my home in Delhi the camera used to focus on Murali's eyes and the commentators couldnt just stop talking about the intensity in them and about he always gave it his all while bowlingfor the team. Now i always used to think that all this attention was uncalled for and why players couldnt be their normal self while either bowling or batting. To back what I have just stated I am producing a collage of some of my fav players in action. Note the intensity seething thru their eyes and also note Murali's uncanny resemblance to pointy.

Some of my fav cricketers Posted by Hello
I was recently fwded some pics of PCG by Guru and it made me realize the folly of my thinking as I watched pics of myself in action. In the first pic that I shall produce I look like just another innocent bystander at the non striker's end looking as if I am out for a stroll in the park. But in the second pic as i face up to Sandy (or someone else bowling a very negative line) my expression suddenly changes and I am a picture of concentration with lips all pursed up. I finally managed to realize how true the age old adage 'Pictures speak louder than words' is.

Me at the non stiker's end Posted by Hello

Me batting Posted by Hello

3 comments:

totti said...

I guess you are getting ready to play the wristy flick shot of yours. :-) i need to learn that from you man!!...all i have is cross batted slog :-((

Point 5 said...

Totti...forget about learning anything new....if u can prevent urself from "unlearning" whatever measly skills u possess, then it would be a great achievement...

....and ba-stud arrange a game on wednesday / thursday....I am out of town Fri-Mon.....

No one said...

I have often wondered if it really is the concentration or just their usual facial expression. Especially when the commentrators heap praises for Balaji's smile :)